Sunday, July 18

I believe in capitalism...so what?


Much like many Americans, I've sometimes taken the privilege of growing up in this country for granted.

While eating some Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough the other day, I reflected on how amazing it is that two men could build a multi-million dollar empire making something as simple as ice cream. As I proceeded to log on to my laptop, I recalled a Harvard student developing a software who made it simpler for me to use my computer. I hopped on facebook...well, I think you can see where I'm going.

So, is capitalism about everyone becoming millionaires?...of course not! The more important question to ask is what motivation is driving our pursuits. What would make any of us want to become a millionaires?

I believe the most beautiful thing about this country is that we, as Americans, have the opportunity to innovate, develop, and create our destiny. Although various factors may contribute to-or hinder-our success, our story is a blank page for us to write.

I've found the most successful people did not pursue wealth but happiness, and whether your working as a CEO of a Fortune 500 company or at the drive-thru window serving food at McDonald's, your happiness is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment